2013.05- now School of Life Sciences, Lanzhou University，Prof./ PhD Tutor
2009.05-2013.05 School of Life Sciences, Lanzhou University，Associate Prof./ Master Instructor
2007.07-2009.05 School Life Sciences, Lanzhou University， Lecturer
- Academic Appointments
2019.11-2020.07 Univeristy of Florida. Senior Visiting Scholar
2013.06-2013.07 Agriculture Research Institute of ETH, Zurich, Switzerland. Visiting Scholar
2011.03-2012.03 US Dairy and Forage Research Center, USDA/Department of Dairy Science, University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA. Visiting Scholar
2009.04-2009.05 The University of Western Australia. Visiting scholar
2008.10-2008.11 Oxford University/the Macaulay Land Use Institute, UK. Visiting scholar
2004.09-2007.06 College of Animal Science and Technology, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China. PhD student
2001.09-2004.07 Department of Animal Science and Technology, Ningxia University, Ningxia, China. Master student
1997.09-2001.06 Department of Animal Science and Technology, Ningxia Agricultural College. Undergraduate. Major in animal husbandry
- Administrative Appointments
Editoral member of the journals of Achives of Animal Nutrition and Grassland Science
National Forage Industry Science and Technology Innovation Strategic Alliance Silage and Forage Conservation Committee member；Processing Committee of Grass Products of Chinese Grass Society；Deputy Director of Youth Academic Committee of Chinese Grassland Society；Lead expert of Gansu Provincial Grass Industry Technology Innovation Strategic Alliance Grass Products Professional Committee；Special Expert of Dingxi Municipal Government of Gansu Province；Chairman of the Science and Technology Industry Innovation Strategy Alliance of the Forage Industry in Dingxi City, Gansu Province
Reviewer of Journal Dairy Sci.,；Anim Feed Sci. Technol.； Anim Prod.Sci.； J Sci. Food. Agr.；Appl. Envrion. Microb； J Appl. Microb.
- Honors & Awards
2014 New Century Excellent Talents supported by the China Ministry of Education
2016 Feitian Scholar of Gansu Province
2017 National Prize for the Progess in Science and Technology. Second prize
2017 Shennong China Agricultural Science and Technology Award, Ministry of Agriculture. First Prize
Projects Hosting and participating
- National key research and development plan（China and the US government）Key Special Projects of International Scientific and Technological Innovation Cooperation"Study on the Fermentation Quality and Safety Control Technology of Silage in North and South China"（2017YFE0104300，2018-2020）-hosting
- National Natural Science Foundation of China, "Effects of Class IIa bacteriocin lactic acid bacteria on forage quality and in vitro rumen fermentation characteristics and its regulation mechanism" （31872417,2019-2021）-hosting
- Sub-project of National Key R&D Program Project “Study on silage fermentation mechanism and high-quality silage control technology” （2017YFD0502102-1，2017-2020)-hosting
- National Natural Science Foundation of China, “Study on Silage Fermentation Control Technology Based on Microbiome and Metabolomics” （31672487,2017-2020）-hosting
- Gansu Science and Technology Support Program “Technology Research and Demonstration of Alfalfa Silage Technology and Efficient Feeding of Dairy Cows” (1304 NKCA124, 2013-2015)-hosting
- National Natural Science Foundation of China, “The Genetic Diversity of Lactic Acid Bacteria Attached to Pasture in Qinghai-Tibet Plateau and Basic Research on Feed Silage Application” (31272486, 2013-2016)-hosting
- National public welfare (agricultural) industry special "Research and demonstration of forage silage technology and supporting facilities and equipment" research task "Research and demonstration of ryegrass silage technology in high heat and high humidity area" (2013-2016)-hosting
- The Ministry of Education's New Century Excellent Talent Support Program funded the project “Evaluation of Genetic Diversity and Biological Function of Lactic Acid Bacteria in Traditional Fermented Yak Yogurt in Qinghai-Tibet Plateau” (NET-11-0209, 2012-2014)
- “Twelfth Five-Year Plan” National Science and Technology Plan in Rural Areas “Research and Integration of Key Technologies for the Development of High-quality Forage Resources and Diversified Grass Products Processing and Utilization” (2011BAD17B02, 2012-2015)-participating
- National Natural Science Foundation of China, “Nuclear Metabolism Mechanism of Yak Adapting to Alpine Nutritional Stress” (31170378, 2012-2015)—participating
- National Natural Science Foundation of China Youth Fund “Types, Characteristics and Mechanisms of Protein Degrading Enzymes in Alfalfa Silage (30800800, 2009-2011)”—hosting
- The new teacher project of the Doctoral Fund of the Ministry of Education “Research on the degradation characteristics of proteins during the silage process” (200807301008, 2009-2011)—hosting
- Lanzhou University Central University's basic research business fee special funded project "Niu metabolic mechanism of yak adaptation to alpine nutrition stress" (lzujbky-2009-46, 2010.1-2010-12)-hosting
- Lanzhou University Key Laboratory of Drought and Grassland Ecology, Open Fund of the Ministry of Education, "Study on the Related Mechanisms of Different Altitude Gradient in the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau and the Diversity of Lactic Acid Bacteria in Forage Grass" (2009.7-2011.6) - Master Hosting
- "Eleventh Five-Year" National Science and Technology Support Program "Tibet Breeding Breeding, College Breeding and Industrialization Development Research" Project "Forage Production System Research (2007BAD63B04, 2007-2010)" - participating
- Sub-project of Research and Demonstration of Artificial Grassland High-quality Forage Production Technology in the Public Welfare Industry of the Ministry of Agriculture (No.: nyhyzx07-22; Time: 2007-2010)-hosting
- Rangeland enclosure on the Tibetan Plateau of China: Impacts on pastoral livelihoods, markerting, livestock productivity and rangeland biodiversity(INCO-032350; 2007-2010)-participating
- International Peer reviewed JounralsXu Dongmei, Zitong Ding, Museng Wang, Jie Bai, Wencan Ke, Yixin Zhang, Xusheng Guo⁎. 2020. Characterization of the bacterial community, metabolome and biotransformation of phenolic compounds in sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) silage ensiled with or without inoculants. Bioresource Technology, 316, 123910.Bai Jie, Dongmei Xu, Dongmei Xie, Musen Wang, Ziqian Li, Xusheng Guo⁎. 2020. Effects of antibacterial peptide-producing Bacillus subtilis and Lactobacillus buchneri on fermentation, aerobic stability, and microbial communities during ensiling and aerobic exposure of alfalfa silage. Bioresource Technology, 315, 123881.Xu Dongmei, Zitong Ding, Jie Bai, Wencan Ke, Yixin Zhang, Fuhou Li, Xusheng Guo⁎. 2020. Evaluation of feruloyl esterase-producing lactic acid bacteria and cellulose pretreatments on fermentation profiles, carbohydrates composition and enzymatic hydrolysis of co-ensiled corn stalk and potato pulp. Bioresource Technology, 310, 123476.Li Fuhou, Wencan Ke, Zitong Ding, Jie Bai, Yixin Zhang, Dongmei Xu, Ziqian Li, Xusheng Guo⁎. 2020. Pretreatment of Pennisetum sinese silages with ferulic acid esterase-producing lactic acid bacteria and cellulase at two dry matter contents: Fermentation characteristics, carbohydrates composition and enzymatic saccharification. Bioresource Technology, 2020, 295, 122261.Dongmei Xu, Nian Wang, Marketta Rinned, Wencan Ke, Zwika G. Weinberge, Da Mic, Jie Bai, Yixin Zhang, Fuhou Li, Xusheng Guo* 2020. The bacterial community and metabolome dynamics and their interactions modulated fermentation process of whole crop corn silage prepared with or without inoculants. Microbial Biotechnology, 10.1111/1751-7915.13623.Zitong Ding, Anum Hanif, Wenyuan Li, Li’e Gao, Wencan Ke, and Xusheng Guo*. 2020. Influence of a cholesterol-lowering strain Lactobacillus plantarum LP3 isolated from traditional fermented yak milk on gut bacterial microbiota and metabolome of rats fed with a high-fat diet. Food and Function. 11, 8342–8353.Ding Zitong, Jie Bai, Dongmei Xu, Fuhou Li, Yixin Zhang and Xusheng Guo*. 2020. Microbial community dynamics and natural fermentation profiles of ensiled alpine grass Elymus nutans prepared from different regions of the Qinghai-Tibetan plateau. Frontiers in Microbiology, 11, 885.Zhang Y.X., W.C. Ke, J. Bai, F.H. Li, D.M. Xu, Z.T. Ding*, X.S. Guo*. 2020. The effect of Pediococcus acidilactici J17 with high-antioxidant activity on antioxidant, α‑tocopherol, β‑carotene, and fermentation profiles of alfalfa silage ensiled at two dry matter contents. Animal Feed Science and Technology, 268, 114614.Guo X.S., J. Bai, F.H. Li, D.M. Xu, Y.X. Zhang, D.P. Bu, L.S. Zhao. 2020. Effects of four organic acids known as key intermediates in citric acid cycle on fermentation, biochemical composition, aerobic stability and digestibility of alfalfa silage. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 268, 114604.Zhang Y.X., Z.P.Huang, D.Vyas, A.T.Adesogan, M.Francoc, W.C.Ke, F.H.Li, J.Bai, Z.T.Ding, X.S. Guo*. 2020. Antioxidant status, chemical composition and fermentation profile of alfalfa silage ensiled at two dry matter contents with a novel Lactobacillus plantarum strain with high-antioxidant activity. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 114751.Fuhou Li, Zitong Ding, Adegbola T. Adesogan, Wencan Ke, Yun Jiang, Jie Bai, Shah Mudassar, Yixin Zhang, Wenkang Huang and Xusheng Guo*. 2020. Effects of Class IIa Bacteriocin‐Producing Lactobacillus Species on Fermentation Quality and Aerobic Stability of Alfalfa Silage. Animals, 10, 1575.Ashiq Khan, Zitong Ding, Muhammad Ishaq, Israr Khan, Anum Ali Ahmed, Abdul Qadir Khan, Xusheng Guo*. 2020. Applications of beneficial plant growth promoting rhizobacteria and mycorrhizae in rhizosphere and plant growth: A review. International Journal of Agricultural and Biological Engineering. 13, 199-208.Himali Tharangani, Changwen Lu, Liansheng Zhao, Lu Ma, Xusheng Guo, William P. Weiss and Dengpan Bu. 2020. Estimation of between-cow variability in nutrient digestion of lactating dairy cows fed corn-based diets. Animals. 10, 1363.Xiang Fang, Qinchun Duan, Zhuo Wang , Fuyun Li, Jianxiong Du, Wencan Ke, Diru Liu, Ross C. Beier, Xusheng Guo, and Ying Zhang. 2020. Products of Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp.bulgaricus Strain F17 and Leuconostoc lactis Strain H52 Are Biopreservatives for Improving Postharvest Quality of ‘Red Globe’ Grapes. Microorganisms. 8, 656.Fuhou Li, Zitong Ding, Wencan Ke, Dongmei Xu, Ping Zhang, Jie Bai, Shah Mudassar, Ishaq Muhammad, Xusheng Guo*. 2019. Ferulic acid esterase-producing lactic acid bacteria and cellulase pretreatments of corn stalk silage at two different temperatures: ensiling characteristics, carbohydrates composition and enzymatic saccharification. Bioresource Technology. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2019.03.022.Xu D.M., Ding W.R., Ke W.C., Li F.H., Guo X.S.* 2019. Modulation of metabolome and bacterial community in whole crop corn silage by inoculating homofermentative Lactobacillus plantarum and heterofermentative Lactobacillus buchneri. Frontiers in Microbiology. 9:3299.Xu D.M., Ding W.R., Ke W.C., Li F.H., Guo X.S.* 2018. Characteristics of Pediococcus pentosaceus Q6 isolated from Elymus nutans growing on the Tibetan Plateau and its application for silage preparation at low temperature. Journal of Applied Microbiology.Xu D.M., Ding W.R., Ke W.C., Li F.H., Guo X.S.* 2018. Modulation of metabolome and bacterial community in whole crop corn silage by inoculating homofermentative Lactobacillus plantarum and heterofermentative Lactobacillus buchneri. Frontiers in Microbiology.Ke Wencan, Wurong Ding, Dongmei Xu, Mian Nazir Shah, Ping Zhang & Xusheng Guo*. 2018. Influences of addition of malic acid or citric acid, Lactobacillus plantarum and their mixtures on fermentation quality, proteolysis and fatty acid composition of ensiled alfalfa. Achieves of Animal Nutrition.Ke W.C., Ding W.R., W.R.Ding, Ding L.M, Xu D.M., Zhang, Li F.H., Guo X.S.* 2018. Influences of malic acid isomers and their application levels on fermentation quality and biochemical characteristics of alfalfa silage. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 245:1-9Guo, X. S.; Ke, W. C.; Ding, W. R.; Ding, L. M.; Xu, D. M.; Wang, W. W.; Zhang, P.; Yang, F. Y. 2018. Profiling of metabolome and bacterial community dynamics in ensiled Medicago sativa inoculated without or with Lactobacillus plantarum or Lactobacillus buchneri. Scientific Reports, 1.10, 8Zhou, J. W. Liu, H., Zhong, C. L., Degen, A. A., Yang, G., Zhang, Y., Qian, J. L., Wang, W. W., Hao, L. Z., Qiu, Q., Shang, Z. H., Guo, X. S., Ding, L. M., Long, R. J. 2018. Apparent digestibility, rumen fermentation, digestive enzymes and urinary purine derivatives in yaks and Qaidam cattle offered forage-concentrate diets differing in nitrogen concentration. Livestock Science, 2, 208: 14-21Ke W.C., W.R. Ding, D.M. Xu, L.M. Ding, P. Zhang, F.D. Li, X.S. Guo*.2017. Effect of addition of malic or citric acids on fermentation quality and chemical characteristics of alfalfa silage. Journal of Dairy Science. 100:8958-8966Ding Wurong, Wencan Ke, Jianwei Zhou, Ming Chen，Lina Wang, Xusheng Guo*, Ruijun Long. 2017. Characterization of antioxidant properties of lactic acid bacteria isolated from spontaneously fermented yak milk in the Tibetan Plateau.Journal of Functional Foods, 35(8): 481-488Ding W.R., Shi C, Chen M, Zhou J. W., Long R. J.*, Guo X. S*. 2017. Screening for lactic acid bacteria in traditional fermented Tibetan yak milk and evaluating their probiotic and cholesterol-lowering potentials in rats fed a high-cholesterol diet. Journal of Functional Foods. 32:324-332Zhou, J. W.; Mi, J. D.; Degen, A. A.; Ding, L. M.; Guo, X. S.; Shang, Z. H.; Wang, W. W.; Long, R. J. 2017. Urinary purine derivatives excretion, rumen microbial nitrogen synthesis and the efficiency of utilization of recycled urea in Tibetan and fine-wool sheep. Animal Feed Science and Technology, 227: 24-31.Zhou, J. W.; Zhong, C. L.; Liu, H.; Degen, A. A.; Titgemeyer, E. C.; Ding, L. M.; Shang, Z. H.; Guo, X. S.; Qiu, Q.; Li, Z. P.; Yang, G.; Long, R. J. 2017. Comparison of nitrogen utilization and urea kinetics between yaks (Bos grunniens) and indigenous cattle (Bos taurus). Journal of Animal Science, 95(10): 4600-4612.Ke WC, FY Yang, DJ Undersander, XS Guo*. 2015. Fermentation characteristics, aerobic stability, proteolysis and lipid composition of alfalfa silage ensiled with apple or grape pomace. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 202, 12-19.Ding L.M., Chen J.Q., Long R.J., Gibb M.J., Wang L., Sang C., Mi J.D., Zhou J.W., Liu P.P., Shang Z.H., Guo X.S., Qiu Q., Marquardt S. 2015. Blood hormonal and metabolite levels in grazing yak steers undergoing compensatory growth. Animal Feed science and Technology, 209:30-39Zhou J. W., J. D. Mi, E. C. Titgemeyer, X. S. Guo, L. M. Ding, H. C Wang, Z. P. Li, and R. J. Long. 2015. A comparison of nitrogen utilization and urea metabolism between Tibetan and Fine-wool sheep. Journal of Animal Science, 93:3006-3017.Zhou J. W., J. D. Mi, X. S. Guo, H. C. Wang, L. M. Ding, Q. Qiu, R. J. Long. 2015. Apparent digestibility, rumen fermentation and nitrogen balance in Tibetan and Fine-wool sheep offered a forage-concentrate diet differing in nitrogen concentration. Journal of Agricultural Science，153, 1135–1145Zhou J.W., X.S. Guo, A.A. Degen, Y. Zhang, H. Liu, J.D. Mi, L.M. Ding, H.C. Wang, Q. Qiu, R.J. Long.2015. Urea kinetics and nitrogen balance and requirements for maintenance in Tibetan sheep when fed oat hay. Small Ruminant Research 129, 60–68.Guo X. S., Ruijun Long, Michael Kreuzer, Luming Ding, Zhanhuan Shang, Ying Zhang, Yang Yang and Guangxin Cui. 2014. Importance of functional ingredients in yak milk derived food from alpine region on health of Tibetan nomads living under high altitude stress-A review. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition 54, 292-302L.M. Ding, Y.P. Wang, A. Brosh, J.Q. Chen, M.J. Gibb, Z.H. Shang, X.S. Guo, J.D. Mi, J.W. Zhou, H.C. Wang, Q. Qiu, R.J. Long. 2014. Seasonal heat production and energy balance of grazing yakson the Qinghai-Tibetan plateau. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 198,83–93.X. S. Guo, D. J. Undersander, D. K. Combs. 2013. Effects of Lactobacillus inoculants and forage dry matter on the fermentation and aerobic stability of ensiled mixed-crop tall fescue and meadow fescue. Journal of Dairy Science 96 (3), 1735-1744.Ding. WR, RJ. Long, and X.S. Guo*. 2013. Effects of plant enzyme inactivation and sterilization on lipolysis and proteolysis in alfalfa silage. Journal of Dairy Science 96 (4), 2536-2543.Ding W.R., X.S. Guo*, Kazuo Ataku. 2013. Characterization of peptides in ensiled alfalfa treated with different chemical additives. Animal Science Journal 84(12), 774-781.Ding L, Y Wang, M Kreuzer, X Guo, R. Long. 2013. Seasonal variations in the fatty acid profile of milk from yaks grazing on the Qinghai-Tibetan plateau. Journal of Dairy Research, 4, 410-417Tao L., X.S. Guo*, H. Zhou, D.J. Undersander. 2012. Characteristics of proteolytic activities of endo- and exopeptidase in alfalfa herbage and their implications for proteolysis in ensilage. Journal of Dairy Science, 95, 4591-4595.Guo X.S., L.M. Ding, R. J. Long, B. Qi, Z.H. Shang and M. L. Lian. 2012. Changes of chemical composition to high altitude result in Kobresia littledalei growing in alpine meadow of the Tibet Plateau with high feeding values to local herbivores. Animal Feed Science and Technology, 173, 186-193.Zhang Y., J.W. Zhou, X.S. Guo, R.J. Long. 2012. Influences of dietary nitrogen and non-fiber carbohydrate levels on apparent digestibility, rumen fermentation and nitrogen utilization in growing yaks fed low quality forage based-diet. Livestock Science, 147, 139-147.Lian Tao, Menglu Li, Xusheng Guo, Fuyu Yang and He Zhou, 2012. Effect of Epiphytic Microorganisms and Exogenous Lactic Acid Bacteria on the Formation of Non-protein Nitrogen During the Ensiling of Alfalfa. Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances, 11: 2181-2186.Guo X. S., D. J. Undersander, D. K. Combs. 2012. Effects of Lactobacillus inoculants and forage dry matter on the fermentation and aerobic stability of ensiled mixed-crop tall fescue and meadow fescue. Journal of Animal Science.90, Suppl. 3/Journal of Dairy Science. 95, Suppl. 2, 534-535 (Abstract).X. S. Guo, Y. Zhang, J. W. Zhou, R. J. Long, G. S. Xin, B. Qi, L. M. Ding, H. C. Wang. 2012. Nitrogen metabolism and recycling in yaks (Bos grunniens) offered a forage:concentrate diet differing in N composition. Animal Production Science, 52, 287-296.Ding, Xuezhi, Long, Ruijun, Zhang, Qian, Huang, Xiaodan, Guo, Xusheng, Mi, Jiandui. 2012. Reducing methane emissions and the methanogen population in the rumen of Tibetan sheep by dietary supplementation with coconut oil. Tropical Animal Health and Production, 44(7), 1541-1545.Tao L., H. Zhou, X.S. Guo*, R.J. Long, Y. Zhu. 2011. Contribution of Exopeptidase to the Formation of Nonprotein Nitrogen during the Ensiling of Alfalfa. Journal of Dairy Science 94, 3928-3935L. Tao, Z. Yu, X.S. Guo and H. Zhou. 2011. Ensiling and in vitro digestibility characteristics of Ceratoides arborescens treated with lactic acid bacteria inoculants and cellulose. African Journal of Biotechnology, 10(66), 14947-14953.Guo X.S., W. Cheng, F.Y. Yang, H. Zhou. 2011. Contribution of Endopeptidase to the Formation of Nonprotein Nitrogen during the Ensiling process of Alfalfa. Animal Feed Science and Technology, 168, 42-50.G.S. Xin, R.J. Long, X.S. Guo, J. Irvine, L.M. Ding, L.L. Ding and Z.H. Shang. 2011. Blood mineral status of grazing Tibetan sheep in the Northeast of the Qinghai–Tibetan Plateau. Livestock Science. 136, 102-107.Y. Zhu, C.S. Bai, X.S. Guo*, Y.L. Xue, Kazuo Ataku. 2011. Nutritive value of corn silage in mixture with Garden Pea. Animal Production Science 51, 1117-1122.Yu Zhu, Naoki Nishino, X.S. Guo*. 2011. Chemical changes during ensilage and in sacco degradation of two tropic grasses: Rhodesgrass and Guineagrass treated with cell wall degrading enzymes. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Science. 24, 214-221.Fang, X. W., Turner, N. C., Li, F. M., Li, W. J., Guo, X. S. 2011. Caragana korshinskii seedlings maintain positive photosynthesis during short-term, severe drought stress. Photosynthetica, 49(4), 603-609.Wang Hucheng, Ruijun Long, Juan Boo Liang, Xusheng Guo, Luming Ding and Zhanhuan Shang. 2011. Comparison of Nitrogen Metabolism in Yak (Bos grunniens) and Indigenous Cattle (Bos taurus) on the Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Science, 24(6):766-773Xin Guo-sheng, Hu Zheng, Zhou Wei, Yang Zhi-qiang, Guo Xu-sheng, Long Rui-jun. 2010. Determination of Inorganic Elements in the Soil-Grass-Animal System by Sealed Microwave Digestion ICP-AES . Spectroscopy and Spectral Analysis, 30(2), pp 546-550Ding Xue-zhi, Long Rui-jun, Mi Jian-dui, Guo Xu-sheng. Measurement of Methane and Carbon Dioxide Emissions from Ruminants Based on the NDIR Technique. Spectroscopy and Spectral Analysis, 2010, 30(6), pp 1503-1506.Guo-xusheng, Shang-zhanhuan, Long-ruijun. Progress of Application of Near Infrared Reflectance Spectroscopy in the Study of Ruminant Nutrition. Spectroscopy and Spectral Analysis. 2009，29(3):641-646.H. Wang, R. Long, W. Zhou, X. Li, J. Zhou and X.S. Guo. A comparative study on urinary purine derivative excretion of yak (Bos grunniens), cattle (Bos taurus), and crossbred (Bos taurus x Bos grunniens) in the Qinghai-Tibetan plateau, China. Journal of Animal Science. 2009. 87:2355-2362.Shang Z. H., Guo X. S., Long R. J. Spectroscopy Technique and Ruminant Methane Emissions Accurate Inspecting. Spectroscopy and Spectral Analysis. 2009，29(3):740-744Ding W. R., Gan Y. M., Guo X.S. Yang F.Y. Application of Near Infrared Reflectance Spectroscopy Technique in Evaluation of Hay Quality. Spectroscopy and Spectral Analysis. 2009，29(2):358-361X.S. Guo, W.R. Ding, H. Zhou. Characterization of protein fractions and amino acids in ensiled alfalfa treated with different chemical additives. Animal Feed Science and Technology, 2008,142,89-98.X.S. Guo, H. Zhou and W.R. Ding. Fuzzy comprehensive evaluation on the quality of different mixed feeds for fattening lambs by using in vitro method. Livestock Science, 2008，115，137-143.R. J. Long, L. M. Ding, Z. H. Shang, X. S. Guo. The yak grazing system on the Qinghai-Tibetan plateau and its status. The Rangeland Journal. 2008, 30:241–246X.S. Guo, H. Zhou, and Y. Zhu. Changes in the distribution of N and plant enzymatic activity during ensilage of lucerne treated with different additives. Grass and Forage Science, 2007, 1: 35-43.X.S. Guo, W.R. Ding, H. Zhou. Protein fractions (Cornell system) of lucerne dried or ensiled with different additives. Journal of Animal and Feed Sciences, 2007，16 (suppl.2), 261-265.
International Conference Paper
Guo X.S., Xu D.M., Ke W.C., Ding W.R., Zhang P. 2018. Modulation of Bacterial community and metabolome in whole crop corn silage by inoculation homofermentative Lactobacillus plantarum and heterfermentative Lactobacillus buchneri. In: Proceedings of the XVIII International Silage Conference, July 24-26,Bonn, Germany. p. 158-159. Oral presentation.
W.C. Ke, D.M. Xu, P. Zhang, F.H. Li, M.N. Shah, X.S. Guo*. 2018. Effects of four organic acids known as key intermediates in citric acid cycle on fermentation quality of lucerne silage. In: Proceedings of the XVIII International Silage Conference, July 24-26, Bonn, Germany. p. 264-265.
Guo X.S., Xu D.M., Ke W.C., Ding W.R., Zhang P. 2018. Modulation of Bacterial community and metabolome in silage by inoculation homofermentative Lactobacillus plantarum and heterfermentative Lactobacillus buchneri. In: Proceedings of the 7th Japan-China-Korea Grassland Science conference, July 8-10,Sapporo, Hokkaido University,Japan. p. 160-165. Invited Speaker.
Guo, X.S.，Ke, W.C.，Zhang, H.M，Bao, A.A. 2015. Metabolomic profiles of alfalfa silage inoculated with or without Lactobacillus plantarum and L. buchneri. Ι. Fermentation quality and differentially expressed metabolites. In: Proceedings of the XVII International Silage Conference, July 1-3, Piracicaba, Brazil. p. 68-69.Oral presentation
Guo X.S., W.C. Ke, H. M. Zhang, A.A. Bao, M. Chen, J. Zhang and P.X. Jing. 2015. Metabolomic profi les of alfalfa silage inoculated with or without Lactobacillus plantarum and L. buchneri. П. Metabolites distribution patterns. In: Proceedings of the XVII International Silage Conference, July 1-3, Piracicaba, Brazil. p. 430-431.
Guo X.S. Z.H.Shang, L.M. Ding. 2013. High altitude stress of the Tibetan Plateau confers alpine herbages and animal products with high nutritive value and quality. In: Proceedings of 17th Meeting of the FAO-CIHEAM Mountain Pasture Network: Pastoralism and ecosystem conservation. June 5-7, 2013, Trivero, Italy. Oral presentation
Marsetyo, Muhammad Shoaib Tufail, Samuel Mbuku, Mupenzi Mutimura, Xusheng Guo and John Piltz. Utilisation of conserved forage to improve livestock production on smallholder farms in Asia and Africa. In: Proceedings 22nd International Grassland Congress, 15-19 September 2013. Sydney, NSW, Australia. Oral presentation
Guo X.S. Influence of Plant Enzyme Inactivation or Sterilization on Lipolysis in Ensiled Alfalfa. In: Proceedings of the III International Symposium on Forage Quality and Conservation. July 22-23rd, 2013. Royal Palm Plaza Resort, Campinas, SP – Brazil.
X. S. Guo. 2012. Contribution of endo and exopeptidases to formation of nonprotein N during ensiling of alfalfa. In: Proceedings of the XVI International Silage Conference, July 2-4, 2012, Hameenlina, Finland. p. 58-59. Oral Presentation.
X.S. Guo, Ruijun Long, Luming Ding, Wolfgang Bayer. Goat Products, Breeding Objectives and Flock Structure on the Tibetan Plateau. In: Multifunctional Grasslands in a Changing World. Organizing Committee of 2008 IGC/IRC (eds.) Proceeding of the ⅩⅪInternational Grassland Conference and Ⅷ International Rangeland conference, Hohhot, China. 2008, Vol.Ⅱ, 105.
X.S. Guo, H. Zhou. Effect of different additives on nitrogen distribution of alfalfa silage. In: Long P.G. and Z.B. Nan (eds.) Proceeding of the 2th China-Japan-Korea international Grassland Conference, Lanzhou, China, 2006, 47-48.
《Rangeland Degradation and Recovery in China's Pastoral Lands》,Edited by Victor R. Squares, Lu Xinshi, Lu Qi, Wang Tao and Yang Youlin. CABI,2009.