April 2011 – present: Lanzhou University
2016-2017: Visiting Scholar, Michigan State University
- Academic Appointments
2004.09-2010.06 Lanzhou University, Ecology, Ph.D.
2007.10-2009.10 Michigan State University, Ph.D.
2000.09-2004.06 Gansu Agriculture University, Agronomy, B.S.
- Administrative Appointments
- Honors & Awards
The impact of plastic film mulching on soil carbon storage and carbon pool structure: case study and model simulation, National Natural Science Foundation of China, 640,000, 2018.1-2021.12 (PI)
Soil carbon and nitrogen dynamic modelling under plastic film mulching based on DNDC model, National Natural Science Foundation of China, 210,000, 2013.1-2015.12 (PI)
China-UNEP: African Water Action， Ministry of Science and Technology, 1,000,000, 2010.11-2014.6 (PI)
- Zhang, F., Eldoma, I.M., Li M., Kong M., Siddiquec K., and Li, F.-M., 2019. Integrated model and field experiment to determine the optimum planting density in plastic film mulched rainfed agriculture. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 268C: 331-340.
- Zhang, F., Zhang, W., Qi, J. and Li, F.-M., 2018. A regional evaluation of plastic film mulching for improving crop yields on the Loess Plateau of China. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 248: 458-468.
- Zhang, F., Zhang, W., Li, M., Zhang, Y., Li, F., Li, C., 2017. Is crop biomass and soil carbon storage sustainable with long-term application of full plastic film mulching under future climate change? Agricultural Systems 150, 67-77.
- Zhang F, Li M, Zhang W, Li F, Qi J. Ridge–furrow mulched with plastic film increases little in carbon dioxide efflux but much significant in biomass in a semiarid rainfed farming system. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology. 2017;244–245:33-41.
- Zhang, F., Zhang, W., Li, M., Yang, Y. and Li, F.-M., 2017. Does long-term plastic film mulching really decrease sequestration of organic carbon in soil in the Loess Plateau? European Journal of Agronomy, 89: 53-60.）
- Zhang F, Li M, Qi J, Li F-M, Sun G, 2015. Plastic Film Mulching Increases Soil Respiration in Ridge-Furrow Maize Management. Arid Land Research and Management. doi: 10.1080/15324982.2015.1018456.
- Zhang, F., Qi, J., Li, F. M., Li, C. S., and Li, C. B. 2010. Quantifying nitrous oxide emissions from Chinese grasslands with a process-based model, Biogeosciences, 7, 2039-2050
- Zhang, W., Zhang, F., Qi, J., Hou, F., 2017. Modeling impacts of climate change and grazing effects on plant biomass and soil organic carbon in the Qinghai–Tibetan grasslands. Biogeosciences 14, 5455-5470.
- Ye, J.-S., Gong, Y.-H., Zhang, F., Ren, J., Bai, X.-K., Zheng, Y., 2018. Which Temperature and Precipitation Extremes Best Explain the Variation of Warm versus Cold Years and Wet versus Dry Years? Journal of Climate, 31, 45-59.
- Eldoma, I.M., Li, M., Zhang, F., Li, F.-M., 2016. Alternate or equal ridge–furrow pattern: Which is better for maize production in the rain-fed semi-arid Loess Plateau of China? Field Crops Research 191, 131-138.
- Zhou, L.-M., Zhang, F., Liu, C.-A., 2015. Improved yield by harvesting water with ridges and subgrooves using buried and surface plastic mulchs in a semiarid area of China. Soil and Tillage Research 150, 21-29.
- Yu, C., Li, C., Xin, Q., Chen, H., Zhang, J., Zhang, F., Li, X., Clinton, N., Huang, X., Yue, Y., Gong, P., 2014. Dynamic assessment of the impact of drought on agricultural yield and scale-dependent return periods over large geographic regions. Environmental Modelling & Software 62, 454-464.
- Wang, Y., Sun, G. J., Zhang, F., Qi, J., Zhao, C. Y.: Modeling impacts of farming management practices on greenhouse gas emissions in the oasis region of China, Biogeosciences, doi:10.5194/bg-8-1-2011.
- Zhang,Y., Su,S., Zhang,F. ,Shi,Y., Gao,W. : Characterizing Spatiotemporal Dynamics of Methane Emissions from Rice Paddies in Northeast China from 1990 to 2010, PLoS ONE, 2012
- Zhou X, Yan Y, Wang H, Zhang F, Wu L and Ren J 2010 Assessment of eco-environment vulnerability in the northeastern margin of the Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau, China. Environmental Earth Sciences, 1-8
- Li, C.B., Qi, J.G., Feng, Z.D., Yin, R.S., Guo, B.Y., Zhang, F. and Zou, S.B. 2009. Quantifying the effect of ecological restoration on soil erosion in China's Loess Plateau region: an application of the MMF approach. Environmental Management. DOI 10.1007/s00267-009-9369-6