1) Jian-Jun Cao, You-Cai Xiong*, Jing Sun, Wan-Fang Xiong, Guo-Zhen Du. 2011. Different Benefits of Multi- and Single-household Grassland Management Patterns in the Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau of China. Human Ecology. 39: 217-227. (*first co-authors)
2) Dong-Shan Gong, You-Cai Xiong*, Bao-Luo Ma, Tian-Ming Wang, Jian-Ping Ge, Xiao-Liang Qin, Pu-Fang Li, Hai-Yan Kong, Zi-Zhen Li, Feng-Min Li*. 2010. Early activation of PM H+-ATPase and its relation to osmotic adjustment and dehydraulic adaptation in two contrasting oat cultivars (Avena sativa L.). Environmental and Experimental Botany. 69: 1-8. (*Corresponding author)
3) You-Cai Xiong, Feng-Min Li* and Ting Zhang. 2006. Performance of wheat crops with different chromosome ploidy: root-sourced signals, drought tolerance and yield performance. Planta. 224(3) 710-718.
4) You-Cai Xiong, Feng-Min Li*, Bing-Cheng Xu and Kenneth C. Hodgkinson. 2006. Hydraulic and Non-hydraulic Root-sourced Signals in Old and Modern Spring Wheat Cultivars in the Semiarid Area. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation. 25(2): 120-136.
6) You-Cai Xiong, Geng-Mei Xing, Feng-Min Li, Shao-Ming Wang, Xian-Wei Fan, Zhi-Xiao Li and Ya-Fu Wang. 2006. Abscisic acid promotes accumulation of toxin ODAP in relation to free spermine level in grass pea seedlings (Lathyrus sativus L.). Plant Physiology and Biochemistry. 44:161-169
7) You-Cai Xiong, Geng-Mei Xing, Zheng Zheng, Ya-Fu Wang, Zhi-Xiao Li, Feng-Min Li*. 2005. Europium (Eu3+) Improve Drought Tolerance but Decrease the ODAP Level in Grass Pea (Lathyrus Sativus L.) seedlings. Journal of Rare Earths. 23:502-507.
8) You-Cai Xiong, Geng-Mei Xing, Chun-Mei Gong, Feng-Min Li, Shao-Ming Wang, Zhi-Xiao Li and Ya-Fu Wang. 2006. Dual role of abscisic acid on antioxidative defense in grass pea seedling (Lathyrus Sativus L.). Pakistan Journal of Botany. 38(4): 999-1014.
9) Shao-Ming Wang, Xia Zhang, Yu Li, Ling Zhang, You-Cai Xiong and Gang Wang*.2005. Spatial distribution patterns of the soil seed bank of Stipagrostis pennata (Trin.) de Winter in the Gurbantonggut Desert of north-west China. Journal of Arid Environment. 63: 203-222.
10) Guo-Ju Xiao, Qiang Zhang, You-Cai Xiong, Mao-Zhi Lin, Jing Wang. 2006. Integrating rainwater harvesting with supplemental irrigation into rain-fed spring wheat farming. Soil & Tillage Research. 93(2): 429-437.
11) Sheng-Mao Yang, S. S. Malhi, Jian-Rong Song, You-Cai Xiong, Wei-YunYue, Jian-Guo Wang and Tian-Wen Guo. 2006. Crop yield, nitrogen uptake and nitrate-nitrogen accumulation in soil as affected by 23 annual applications of fertilizer and manure in the rainfed region of Northwestern China. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems.76 (1) 81-94.
12) Guo-Ju Xiao, Qiang Zhang, Yu-Bi Yao, Sheng-Mao Yang, Run-Yuan Wang, You-Cai Xiong, Zhao-Jun Sun. 2007. Effects of temperature increase on water use and total yields of crops in a pea-spring what-potato rotation system in semiarid regions of China. Agricultural Water Managements 91: 86-91.
13) Jin-Ping Jiang, You-Cai Xiong, Yu Jia, Feng-Min Li*, Hong-Mei Jiang, Jin-Zhang Xu. 2007. Soil quality dynamics under successional alfalfa grassland in the semiarid loess plateau of northwestern China. Arid Land Research and Management 21(4): 287-303.
14) Tai-Chun Wang, You-Cai Xiong, Jian-Ping Ge, Shao-Ming Wang, Yu Li, Tian-Ming Wang & Gang Wang 2008. Four-year dynamic of vegetation on mounds created by zokors (Myospalax baileyi) in a subalpine meadow of the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. Journal of Arid Environments72: 84-96.
15) Jun-Quan Zhao, Guo-Zhen Du, You-Cai Xiong, Yi-Fu Wen, Monika Bhadauria and Satendra Kumar Nirala. 2007. The attenuation of Beryllium-Induced Hepatorenal Dysfunction and Oxidative Stress in Rodents by Means of the Combined Effect of Gallic Acid and Piperine. Archives of Pharmacal Research 30 (12): 1575-1583.
16) Xiao-Ming Yang, Li-Ze An, You-Cai Xiong, Jin-Ping, Zhang, Yi Li and Shi-Jian Xu. 2008. Somatic embryogenesis from immature zygotic embryos and monitoring of the genetic fidelity of regenerated plants in grapevine. Biologia Plantarum 52 (2): 209－214.
17) An-Ning Suo, You-Cai Xiong, Tian-Ming Wang, Dong-Xia Yue and Jian-Ping Ge. 2008. Ecosystem Health Assessment of the Jinghe River Watershed on the Huangtu Plateau. EcoHealth 5: 127–136.
18) Xian-Wei Fan, Feng-Min Li, You-Cai Xiong, Li-Zhe An, Rui-Jun Long. 2008. The cooperative relation between non-hydraulic root signals and osmotic adjustment under water stress improves grain formation for spring wheat varieties. Physiologia Plantarum 132 (3): 283-292.
19) Xiang-Wen Fang, Jin-Hua Li, You-Cai Xiong, Dang-Hui Xu, Feng-Min Li. 2008. Responses of Caragana korshinskii Kom. to clear shoot removal: mechanisms underlying regrowth. Ecological Research 23 (5): 863-871.
20) Zhen-Yu Wang, Feng-Min Li, You-Cai Xiong, Bing-Cheng Xu. 2008. Soil-Water Threshold Range of Chemical Signals and Drought Tolerance Was Mediated by ROS Homeostasis in Winter Wheat During Progressive Soil Drying. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation27:309–319
21) Tianming Wang, Xiaojun Kou,You-Cai Xiong, Pu Mu, Jianguo Wu, Jianping Ge.Temporal and spatial patterns of NDVI and their relationship to precipitation in the Loess Plateau of China. International Journal of Remote Sensing 31(7): 1943–1958.
22) Xian-Wei Fan, Feng-Min Li, Lei Song , You-Cai Xiong, Li-zhe An, Yu Jia , Xiang-Wen Fang. 2009. Defense strategy of old and modern spring wheat varieties during soil drying. Physiologia Plantarum 136: 310-323.
23) Guoju Xiao, Qiang Zhang, Runyuan Wang, Yubi Yao, Hong Zhao, Huzhi Bai and Youcai Xiong. 2009. Effects of Temperature Increase on Pea Production in a Semiarid Region of China. Air, Soil and Water Research 2: 1–9.
24) Chang-An Liu, Sheng-Li Jin, Li-Ming Zhou, Yu Jia, Feng-Min Li, You-Cai Xiong, Xiao-Gang Li. 2009. Effects of plastic film mulch and tillage on maize productivity and soil parameters. European Journal of Agronomy 31: 241–249
25) Jin-Ping Jiang, You-Cai Xiong, Hong-Mei Jiang, De-You Ye, Ya-Jie Song and Feng-Min Li. 2009. Soil Microbial Activity During Secondary Vegetation Succession in Semiarid Abandoned Lands of Loess Plateau. Pedosphere 19(6): 735–747
26) Lei Song, Feng-Min Li, Xian-Wei Fan, You-Cai Xiong, W.Q.Wang, X.B.Wud, N.C. Turnere. 2009. Soil water availability and plant competition affect the yield of spring wheat. European Journal of Agronomy 31 (1): 51–60
27) Lisandro Rambo, Bao-Luo Ma, You-Cai Xiong and P. R. F. da Silvia. 2010. Leaf and canopy optical characteristics as crop-need based indicators for field nitrogen management in corn. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science 173, 434–443
28) Tong-Chao Wang, B.L. Ma, You-Cai Xiong, M.FarrukhSaleem and Feng-Min Li. 2011. Optical sensing estimation of leaf N concentration in maize across a range of water-stress levels. Crop & Pasture Science 62, 474–480.
29) Dongxia Yue, Xiaofeng Xu, Cang Hui, Youcai Xiong, Xuemei Han, Jinhui Ma. 2011. Biocapacity supply and demand in Northwestern China: a spatial appraisal of sustainability. Ecological Economics, 70: 988-994.
30) Neil C. Turner, Nicholas Molyneux, Sen Yang, Youcai Xiong, Kadambot H. M. Siddique. 2011. Climate change in south-west Australia and north-west China: challenges and opportunities for crop production. Crop & Pasture Science 62, 445–456.
31) Neil C.Turner, Feng-Min Li, You-Cai Xiong, Kadambot H.M. Siddique. 2011. Climate change and agricultural ecosystem management in dry areas. Crop & Pasture Science 62, i-ii.
32) Neil C.Turner, Feng-Min Li, You-Cai Xiong, Kadambot H.M. Siddique. 2011. Agricultural ecosystem management in dry areas: challenges and solutions. Plant and Soil 347, 1-6. DOI10.1007/s11104-011-0949-x.
33) Li-Min Zhou, Sheng-Li Jin, Chang-An Liu, You-Cai Xiong, Jian-Ting Si, Xiao-Gang Li, Yan-Tai Gan, Feng-Min Li. 2012. Ridge-furrow and plastic-mulching tillage enhances maize–soil interactions: Opportunities and challenges in a semiarid agroecosystem. Field Crops Research 126: 181–188.
34) Hong Zhao, You-Cai Xiong, Run-Yuan Wang, Sheng-Cai Qiang, He-Ling Wang and T.F. Yao, Feng-Min Li. 2012. Short-term plastic mulching alters moisture–temperature coupling and improves WUE and yield of potato in the semi-arid rainfed region of north-western China. Agricultural Water Management (In press)